Elizabeth Beemer ACMT, DAFNS, graduated with honors from the Massage Therapy Institute of Colorado in 1997. She is a Certified Neurological Bodyworker, Certified Massage and Neuromuscular therapist with 22 years of experience exploring, practicing and teaching the healing arts. Elizabeth is registered with the State of Colorado (DORA)
Her education and experience include:
- Attendance and completion of a 1,051 hour Program at MTIC. A comprehensive program of study and practice in the art and science of integrative massage techniques as applied to the amelioration of stress syndromes, myoskeletal imbalance, neuromuscular dysfunction, and soft tissue impairment. Training received by Jeff Linn and Dr. Mark Manton 1996-1997
- A 250-hour course in Traditional Japanese Anma including: Japanese Foot & Facial massage, Tai Cho Ho and Anpuku therapy (abdominal,visceral, harmonizing the internal organs) Training received from Shogo Mochizuki, Director of education at the Japanese Massage and Bodywork Institute in Boulder, Colorado. 1996, 1998-2000.
- Certified Professional Practitioner in the Arvigo Maya Abdominal Technique These techniques stem from the Wisdom of the Ancient Maya, Wise Women and Rainforest traditions. Centered around the ancient Mayan techniques, which reposition organs that have dropped and restricted the flow of blood, lymph, nerve & chi energy. Training received from Rosita Arvigo 2002-2003.
- Structural Integration - Attendance and completion of MTIC's Year II Program of Advanced Myofascial Therapy and Remedial Massage This unique program of Structural Integration is Based on the concepts of Dr. Ida P. Rolf and the integrative therapeutic methods of Dr. Mark Manton. Instruction received by Dr. Mark Manton 2005-2006. 2006-2012 as an Assistant Teaching Assistant.
- Certified Neurological Bodyworker. Diplomate with the American Functional Neurology Association. Functional Neurology Therapy and Assessment as applied to Massage Therapy and Bodywork. Received training from Dr. Paul Thomas Graduated in 2011
- Massage In Schools Programme Instructor (MISP) to implement the Massage In Schools Programmme, as developed by Mia Elmsater and Sylvie Hetu, with children from 4 to 12 years of age and to conduct promotional events about the MISP. Training received from Mia Elmsater 2012.
- Continuing Education – Elizabeth, a perpetual student, continues her education in Advanced Structural Integration, Meridian Massage, and Functional Neurology for Bodyworkers.
Elective Studies/Weekend Workshops and areas of interest
A Plethora of metaphysical studies, workshops and trainings; various yoga and Tai Chi styles, beginning in 1982 and continues.........
Chi Gong Healing, Qabalistic Healing, with Master Kai Dong Yu
Aromatherapy with Peter Holmes
Cranial Sacral Therapy Level I with Jim Asher
Myofascial Release Level I with John Barnes
Shamanic Studies & Mongolian Shamanism with Sarangerel
Trauma energetics with William Redpath
Matrix Energetics I and II with Richard Bartlett
Various forms of Reiki (Teacher Level) with Donna DeNomme (Usui-level 1, II), Master Kai Dong Yu (Tibetan Lama Agni - 3rd facet initiate/teacher), The Educational Center for Healing Outreach(Usui- Usui-Tibetan, Parrallells teacher levels)